Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A mix of something I love and something I hate

I hate. HATE. HATE working out. I really do. I find very little enjoyment. So, I force myself to find some enjoyment in the process by making playlists for my iPod. I've looked over suggestions from Pinterest and I've thrown in some of my personal touches and here's what I've come up with - and please forgive me for not going through the tedious labor of proper capitalization. (Incidentally, these playlists are what I also play while cleaning, another thing I hate.)

Playlist #1: "Get Up and Move" (1hr, 34 min)

Rhythm is going to get you - Gloria Estefan
Bizarre love triangle - New Order
Just can't get enough - Depeche Mode
How will I know - Whitney Houston
Get outta my dreams - Billy Ocean
Sports & wine - Ben Folds Five
Save a horse (ride a cowboy) - Big & Rich
I like it, I love it - Tim McGraw
Into the groove - Madonna
What I like about you - The Romantics
Jump around - House of Pain
Rock your body - Justin Timberlake
Alone - Robin Thicke
Party rock anthem - LMFAO
I gotta feeling - Black Eye Peas
So what - Pink
Dance, dance - Fall Out Boy
All my life - Foo Fighters
Lust for life - Iggy Pop
Man, it's so loud in here - They Might Be Giants
Are you gonna be my girl - Jet
Higher ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Long time - Boston


Playlist #2: "More Get Up and Move" (1hr, 7 min)

Behind these hazel eyes - Kelly Clarkson
Blurred lines - Robin Thicke
Boom boom pow - Black Eyed Peas
Don't stop the music - Rihanna
Don't phunk with my heart - Black Eyed Peas
Good vibrations - Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
Hey mamma  - Black Eyed Peas
Rumour has it - Adele
When i grow up - Pussycat Dolls
Hate to say I told you so - The Hives
Last nite - The Strokes
Walk this way - Aerosmith
Harder, better, faster, stronger - Daft Punk
Jumping, jumping - Destiny's Child
We built this city - Starship
In da club - 50cent
We got the beat - Go-Go's


Playlist #3: "Sweat" (1hr, 4 min)

Addicted to love - Robert Palmer
Holiday - Madonna
Drum trip - Rusted Root
Ecstacy - Rusted Root
Send me on my way - Rusted Root
Good time - Owl City (Carly Rae Jepsen)
Break my stride - Matthew Wilder
The middle - Jimmy Ear World
Weapon of choice - Fatboy Slim
Ray of light - Madonna
All she wants to do is dance - Don Henley
Little rock - Reba McEntire
Under pressure - David Bowie and Queen
Dreams - The Cranberries4
SOS - Rihanna
Word Crimes - "Weird Al" Yankovic


Playlist #4: "Workout" (1hr, 35 min)

Groove is in the heart - Dee-Lite
Emotions - Mariah Carey
Ain't no other man - Christina Aguilera
Gettin' jiggy with it - Will Smith
I want you - Savage Garden
Unbelievable - EMF
Two princes - Spin Doctors
One week - Barenaked Ladies
What is love - Haddaway
Believe - Cher
Eye of the tiger - Survivor
Any way you want it - Journey
Stuck in the middle with you - DaVinci's Notebook
Break on through - The Doors
Edge of seventeen - Stevie Nicks
Carry on my wayward son - Kansas
Wake me up before you go go - Wham
Girls just want to have fun - Cyndi Lauper
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Walking on sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Flashdance - Irene Cara
(If you're wondering if I want you to) I want you to - Weezer
Start me up - Rolling Stones
Raise your glass - Pink
Since you been gone - Kelly Clarkson



With Playlist #1, I spent 15 minutes on the elliptical and 18 minutes on the treadmill. My results on the treadmill (I forgot to snap a pic for the elliptical):



Today's shake of choice:

Strawberry Shakeology
Vanilla Kellog To Go
Banana
Frozen raspberries
Spinach
Key Lime yogurt

Onto the rest of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment