Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day of hodgepodge

Day One went alright. I tried a little bit of all sorts of different things, though I still have to work on my timing with Violet's feedings and naptimes. I only got to ease myself into things, but I think the day went in a positive direction.

I started off pulling clips from YouTube of possible routines involving the exercise ball. I want to get some good examples for ab crunches, leg lifts and back work. I was able to find a few and I was even able to do a couple. One routine would have left me falling flat on my face time and again, so I'll build up to that one. Here are a couple I sampled:


I even tried some stuff with the dumbbells:

I was also inspired by something my sister mentioned to me last week and looked up some of the 'Watch Instantly' videos off of Netflix. Because Violet started getting fussy at this point, I just watched "Dance Off the Inches: 15-Minute Express" and "Crunch: CardioSalsa" only to see if I could follow the moves. The prospects look good.

After I calmed down Violet with a feeding and a diaper change, I decided a walk would do us both good. We walked for about an hour and I felt alright afterwards. Violet felt nothing but the sleepies and she napped the rest of the afternoon.

I have yet to dive into the pile of clippings of exercises I've been collecting from years of fashion magazines. I think that'll be tomorrow's project.

Hopefully I'll figure out the best arrangement of events to maximize my day. At the end of today, I feel pretty satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment