Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Trying to start a new ritual

I made a new purchase on Amazon the other day. I bought this bike and it arrived yesterday. I read the reviews and checked out other sites to make sure this was a good buy, of course, and I found it funny that one of the Amazon reviews mentioned the complexity of assembling the bike. I thought, 'eh, can't be that bad' and then I saw this:

Ok, so that is a little crazy.


But, it looks worse than the actual action of putting it together and I was able to get it done and test it to make sure I wasn't going to fall onto ouchy metal while I'm trying to get a good sweat going.

Finished product.


So, tonight I gave it a whirl. But first, I was distracted by Violet who had a very congested nose and was crying because she was having trouble breathing, and as I was waiting out another 5 minutes before going to get her, I received a phone call from my sister who was a little bit stranded with a dead car battery. Since Vi was already awake, I grabbed her, went to the parking lot and helped the Roses out.

By the time I came back, used the nasal bulb on Violet and rocked her to calmness, I sat back on the bike and flipped on Jeopardy. I figured I would get warmed up during the segment before the first commercial break, and keep it to the next highest setting for the rest of the show.

It worked out pretty good, though I would LOVE to know if the calorie burning counter was at all accurate. If it was, hot diggity, I'm really happy with the purchase. But I have a feeling that it may be a bit more generous than accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment