Friday, April 22, 2011

Get real

One of the lessons I've learned (and something I keep reading in magazine articles) is to have realistic goals so that it is easier to achieve them. I am not looking to be a size 0 so that I can fit into the majority of what is sold in Forever 21, but what I am shooting for is to not look humongous in my wedding dress.

When I stepped on the scale the other day, I was happy to see that whatever little I've been doing over the last couple of weeks has resulted in losing a couple of pounds. Then, I started doing some calculations in my head.

I would LOVE to go back to being 120-125 lbs as I was about 4 years ago. However, I would be happy if I reached 130-135 lbs. That would mean I have to loose anywhere between 35-50 lbs, and seeing those numbers gives me the encouragement I need to help me think I can actually reach this goal.

One of the other reasons why I'm trying so hard in loosing all my pregnancy weight is to fit into the clothes I already own. As of right now, I don't fit into 95% of what I have in my closet and I don't want to go shopping - it's too depressing yet.

One of the new things I'll be starting tomorrow morning is using the gym located on base. Yesterday I confirmed with Scott that spouses of military are allowed to use the facility and I'm looking at using the elliptical and the weight lifting equipment. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get myself there during the work week, but I'll be making big efforts into going on the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's a great idea! I LOVE going to the gym (no news flash there!). The elliptical is a great workout. I do it for about a half hour and really build up a sweat! Best part is that it shows you how many calories you just burned. I'm not sure if it's really accurate, but it's great to see!

    ReplyDelete