Friday, April 1, 2011

Counting on .... calories

Along with the possible workout video suggestions, my sister also notified me of a calorie counting website. I've never, ever been health conscious enough to pay attention to such a thing, so I had to start from scratch of knowing what my intake should be. I knew basically what is healthy and what is really not, but other than that, I'm a complete noob. The site not only keeps track of the calories, but it has a huge database of nutritional facts for specific food items so it can also provide the Nutrient/Vitamin analysis of your meals for the day and tell you which parts you are good or bad in. So far, I'm fairly impressed.

She made me promise not to go too overboard-crazy in tracking my food, but since I've never done it, I'm going to try it out for a week straight and see what becomes of it.

Another website that I want to become more familiar with is something that my friend Marsha suggested. Bar Belles is something a friend of hers is responsible for starting but beyond that, I don't know much about it. I haven't had the time to bounce around the site yet. Little Violet has been hollering her head off most afternoons this week and I haven't figured out why... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment