Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wii --eeee Fit

As it turns out, my trip out east didn't destroy me as much as I thought it would. I still wasn't 'good' by any means, but I didn't come back 10 pounds heavier as I feared I might. There was some exercise had by helping my brother throw out some garbage and all of the walking I ended up doing, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

And now that I'm back, it's time to get serious....er. In packing up some of my brother's things, I asked him if it would be alright to borrow his Wii Fit board and the corresponding disc and I will give it back to him at the end of May when I see him in Colorado. He gave me permission and Scott and I set up the game today. I think Scott enjoys his first try at the various games and I have a more solid idea of what my weight loss/BMI reduction goal will be for the next 6 months.

After breakfast we'll be taking Violet on a walk since it's 10 am and already 60 degrees out (yay, warm weather!!)

Another practice I'll be adding to my weight-loss goal will be to sign up for the Weight Watchers Points system. While visiting friends, I've heard very good personal testimonies from two different sources on the success they've had with the WW program. Since I don't have a 'healthy eating lifestyle', it's time to start one right.

I'll be opening this entry up to whomever reads my blog: What have you found to be successful? What has been a complete disappointment? I'd like to hear your opinions!

1 comment:

  1. South Beach Diet totally works for us but you must be diligent. It's premise is to balance your sugar intake so you don't have highs and lows in your hunger. You can't do the strict diet while nursing but you can follow the principles and lose weight. LOVE South Beach! Good luck. I'm in the same boat.....ugh baby weight.

    ReplyDelete